Many places of accommodation in Tateyama have Japanese rooms where you can experience living on tatami mats. Tatami mats are the traditional floor covering in Japan. It allows you to sit anywhere you want on the floor, and you can even lie down to relax.
Here are some rules when staying in a tatami room:
Take off your shoes or slippers.
Do not drag heavy things such as suitcases on the tatami.
Do not step on the edges of the tatami mat to avoid a Ninja attack!
Onsen (Hot Spring)
There are numerous hotels and inns where you can experience an onsen or hot springs. Japanese love onsen. Soaking yourself in the hot bath relaxes your body and mind, easing your fatigue and stress.
Here are some rules when going to an Onsen:
Do not wear any clothes. The baths are usually separated by gender.
Wash yourself before going into the bath tub.
Do not bring your towel in the tub.
Do not swim in the tub.
- The place to experience the gorgeous sunsets over Tateyama Bay. Having just renovated this year, the hotel offers you comfort and relaxation.
- A hot spring resort with splendid views of Tateyama Bay
- Conveniently located from Tateyama station, we offer a comfortable stay.
- Conveniently located inn for fishing people. We provide everything you need for a boat fishing experience.
- A place to experience something different from your everyday life. Learn the local culture, meet people, and taste our delicacies.
- Japanese style Ryokan Hanashibuki provides rooms with ocean views, fresh seafood cuisine, and high quality onsen hot springs.
- You are at the private resort Shinra, overlooking the calm blue ocean of Minamiboso Tateyama.
- Ocean front resort located at a former prime minister's summer house.
- Accommodation with ocean views also offers star gazing opportunities with an astronomical telescope.
- A small Japanese style inn where you feel the fresh sea breezes. An excellent vacation spot.
- Resort hotel with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Heisaura Beach.
- Laid back casual resort where you can indulge in fresh seafood cuisine and hot springs.
- Experience a Mediterranean style hideaway with a pool and tennis court.