Experience Boso peninsula,
where you meet the coastline and countryside.
Boso Peninsula offers a perfect getaway just two hours from the Tokyo metropolitan area. Its rustic, yet tamed natural beauty welcomes visitors who seeks it. Hike around the hills and rice paddies and savor the fresh air. Visit locals’ favorite restaurant and relish the freshest sushi direct from the fishing port. Stay at a Japanese style inn and experience the rural, leisurely life that residents take for granted. Boso Peninsula – it is an ideal retreat from the bustle of big cities.
Tateyama achieved two stars in Guides Bleus Japon
A well known French guide book, Guides Bleus Japon, introduces Tateyama as a two-star destination (2015 edition).
Tateyama Castle is a three layer tower castle.
Vermilion colored "cliff temple" gives a panoramic view of Tateyama Bay.
With its rocky and sandy beaches and clear water, it is an ideal place for beach combing, swimming, or snorkeling.
The Yawata festival, affectionately known as “Yawatanmachi,” is the biggest event of the year for districts all over Tateyama.
The closest terraced rice paddies from Tokyo show breathtaking scenery every season.
The stone Great Buddha is the largest Daibutsu in Japan.
How about a cup of coffee on the quiet seaside just two-hour away from the bustle of Tokyo area?
TAKE A BREAK IN TATEYAMA
Tateyama through the eyes of an American:
Sushi, local festivals, coastlines and countryside.
- With its rocky and sandy beaches and clear water, it is an ideal place for beach combing, swimming, or snorkeling.
- Come and experience "Hawaii" in Minamiboso, where you can experience exotic tropical plants and animals.
Vermilion colored “cliff temple” gives a panoramic view of Tateyama Bay.
- Relax in natural hot springs and relish the freshest seafood and soba noodles.
- We are a premier diving center in Tateyama. Discover the fun you can have in the sea at Nishikawana, Tateyama.
Fishing all year round, wind surfing on calm Tateyama Bay, or diving to see fish of all kinds; these are a few examples of the activities one can enjoy in Tateyama.
- Casual, fun, indoor / outdoor dining complex providing a variety of choices.
- The traditional Boshu-zushi with our in-house secret tare sauce is the locals' favorite.
Tateyama Aburi Kaisen don, or grilled seafood bowl, is a new creation which introduces Tateyama as a city of fresh seafood and early spring flowers.
- Tourist complex where visitors can eat, purchase, and experience "Minamiboso".
- Apiary with 70 years of history offers top quality honey and honey products.
- Using fresh ingredients from local farms in Chiba Prefecture, our sweets make the perfect gift for that someone special.
- Nobody else but us makes and sells Minamiboso Peanut Pudding, rich in peanut taste!
- Ocean front resort located at a former prime minister's summer house.
- Experience a Mediterranean style hideaway with a pool and tennis court.
Many types of accommodation in Tateyama have Japanese rooms where you can experience living on tatami mats.
- As the primary means of transportation for locals, we support your travels around Minamiboso.
- A key transportation service covering the Boso Peninsula and beyond.
- Located at Tateyama Station West Exit, we cater to your driving needs with Toyota's advanced safety technology.
January 27, 2019
Full marathon course, a 10-k course, and a 2-k family course. REGISTRATION from SEPTEMBER to OCTOBER .
January through May
Taste the delicacy of the season. Eat as much as you can in 30 minutes!
January through May
While much of Japan is suffering from the winter cold, Minamiboso is colored with spring flowers in full bloom. Visitors can pick flowers such as mustard flowers, stocks, poppies, and snapdragons.
from late March to early April
High atop the Tateyama Castle grounds, with views out to a glimmering sea; and on the incomparable Awa Jinja shrine grounds with its sparkling ponds and soft green grasses