Boso Peninsula offers a perfect getaway just two hours from the Tokyo metropolitan area. Its rustic, yet tamed natural beauty welcomes visitors who seeks it. Hike around the hills and rice paddies and savor the fresh air. Visit locals’ favorite restaurant and relish the freshest sushi direct from the fishing port. Stay at a Japanese style inn and experience the rural, leisurely life that residents take for granted. Boso Peninsula – it is an ideal retreat from the bustle of big cities.
Tateyama achieved two stars in Guides Bleus Japon
A well known French guide book, Guides Bleus Japon, introduces Tateyama as a two-star destination (2015 edition).
Tateyama through the eyes of an American:
Sushi, local festivals, coastlines and countryside.
Vermilion colored “cliff temple” gives a panoramic view of Tateyama Bay.
- We are a premier diving center in Tateyama. Discover the fun you can have in the sea at Nishikawana, Tateyama.
- Just bring yourself and enjoy fishing at Tateyama Bay, Minamiboso.
- Relax in natural hot springs and relish the freshest seafood and soba noodles.
- It's an exhilarating experience. A resort style, 70-lane, 220-yard golf driving range.
- Experience the freshest fish directly from our own fishing boat.
- Casual, fun, indoor / outdoor dining complex providing a variety of choices.
- The quality of our beans make a difference. We carry coffee from all over the world.
- Come and taste our Boshu-zushi, made from fresh sashimi, selected rice, and our love of good food!
- Tourist complex where visitors can eat, purchase, and experience "Minamiboso".
- Apiary with 70 years of history offers top quality honey and honey products.
- Using fresh ingredients from local farms in Chiba Prefecture, our sweets make the perfect gift for that someone special.
- Nobody else but us makes and sells Minamiboso Peanut Pudding, rich in peanut taste!
- Japanese style Ryokan Hanashibuki provides rooms with ocean views, fresh seafood cuisine, and high quality onsen hot springs.
- The place to experience the gorgeous sunsets over Tateyama Bay. Having just renovated this year, the hotel offers you comfort and relaxation.
Many types of accommodation in Tateyama have Japanese rooms where you can experience living on tatami mats.
Many accommodations in Tateyama have Japanese rooms where you can experience tatami lifestyle.
- Ocean front resort located at a former prime minister's summer house.
- Accommodation with ocean views also offers star gazing opportunities with an astronomical telescope.
- As the primary means of transportation for locals, we support your travels around Minamiboso.
- A key transportation service covering the Boso Peninsula and beyond.
- Located at Tateyama Station West Exit, we cater to your driving needs with Toyota's advanced safety technology.
January 27, 2019
Full marathon course, a 10-k course, and a 2-k family course. REGISTRATION from SEPTEMBER to OCTOBER .
January through May
Taste the delicacy of the season. Eat as much as you can in 30 minutes!
January through May
While much of Japan is suffering from the winter cold, Minamiboso is colored with spring flowers in full bloom. Visitors can pick flowers such as mustard flowers, stocks, poppies, and snapdragons.
from late March to early April
High atop the Tateyama Castle grounds, with views out to a glimmering sea; and on the incomparable Awa Jinja shrine grounds with its sparkling ponds and soft green grasses